The Linksys E1200 router aims to connect multiple devices like computers, smartphones with the same network. The router is connected to a modem which in turn provides an internet connection to any device connected to the router. The Linksys E1200 N300 router setup process help in accessing the web based-utility of the router. You can configure and customize the wireless settings of the router once you have an active internet connection. This blog will let you know the requirements and the first-time Linksys E1200 setup process.
The Smart setup wizard is present in the firmware and it is available even without the internet. Prerequisites before the set-up process.
- Any compatible web browser.
- Linksys router.
- Ethernet cables
- A computer with an ethernet port.
- A stable internet connection.
- The router comes with external antennas. The antennas can be connected to the router. Plug the router into the power outlet. Double-check if the power switch of the router is on. Wait until the indicator turns solid from the power light.
- The ethernet cable will help to connect the modem to the internet port of the router.
- Now, you can connect to secure wifi. You can get the credentials at the bottom of the router or on the Quickstart guide.
- Open any web browser and enter the address http://linksyssmartwifi.com in the address bar of the router. You may also input the default IP address192.168.1.1.
- Tick the checkbox appearing next on reading and accepting the license. Click the next option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions afterwards to finish the router setup.
Linksys E1200 router setup sing the Linksys Conenct
Linksys Connect software offers a lot of tools like security settings, guest access, parental control which help further to secure and manage the wifi. Requisites for the setup.
- A Linksys router.
- Ethernet cables
- Setup CD.
- A computer with an ethernet port.
- An active internet connection.
- Insert the setup CD in the CD Drive of the computer. The ‘Set up your Linksys router’ option must be selected.
- After reading the terms and license conditions, click on the next to proceed.
- The very next window will inform the beginning of the set-up process. Avoid closing this window.
- You can alter the default SSID and password at your convenience to make a more secure connection.
- The set-up wizard will continue the installation. Click the next option. Wait until the confirmation window pops up.
- Click OK.
Linksys E1200 (N300) router setup with Cable internet service
Make sure the computer is online before setting up a router with a cable internet connection.
If you want to configure the router with a cable internet connection, follow the given steps. Make sure you are connected to the local network.
- Using the ethernet cable, connect the router with your computer.
- Plug the router into the power outlet.
- Access the Linksys Smart wifi account.
- Click connectivity option.
- Click the internet settings tab.
- See the box next to MAC Address clone and click Clone my PC’s MAC.
- Hit the apply button now.
- Click on Ok when the applying changes popup box appears.
- Now connect the modem to the router. The connection must be active throughout.
You can locate the Cisco Connect on the CD that came along with the router and download it from the router support website. When you run the CD, cisco connect gets automatically installed on your computer.
Linksys E1200 N300 Router Setup with Cisco Connect
- Insert the CD in the CD drive.
- Select the ‘Set up your Linksys router’ option.
- Follow the instruction given on the screen to finish the set-up process. When the set-up gets finished, it will notify you.
To access some advanced level settings of the Linksys router you need to perform the login operation and access the browser-based utility of the router. Steps to open the web-based utility of the router.
- Run the Cisco Connect, click change under the router settings option.
- Choose the advanced settings and then proceed to hit OK
- You can open the compatible web browser on your computer.
- Enter the default password and click enter. It is 192.168.1.1
- Input the username and the password. Enter them and click OK.
- The utility’s main menu will appear.
If you are experiencing issues while setting up or logging in or router setup process, here are some basic troubleshooting guides that might help with the same.
- Keep the Firmware of the router updated to its latest version.
- Customise the wireless settings of the router for easy access.
- Internet connection should be stable throughout the process.
- Check if the computer’s firewall may be clocking the connection.
- Delete the browser cache, cookies and history from the device.
If you are exhausted with all the troubleshooting tips provided above and still the issues persist, you may have to reset the router. Resetting the router will erase all the personalized settings. You must save the configurations before the reset operation. Follow the given series of steps to reset the router.
- Press and hold the reset button for 5-10 seconds with the router powered on.
Using the browser-based utility
- Login to the browser-based utility.
- Click the administration tab here.
- Now choose the Factory Default page.
- Click the Restore Factory Defaults. A confirmation window will appear.
- Click OK.
As Linksys issues the updates periodically, you must remain upgraded with the firmware to fix any issues appearing or to add any other features to your router. See the following steps.
- Open the web-based setup page of the router.
- Click the Status tab, choose the router page and note down the current firmware version.
- Connect to Linksys.com/support using the web browser and find your model.
- Click the Download tab, select the hardware version of the router from the drop-down menu.
- Compare the latest version.
- If you want a new version, click download and save it to your computer.
- Back up your settings because during the upgrade process you may lose the settings previously made.
- Open the administration tab in the web-based utility.
- Click the browse option and then search for the saved file.
- Select the upgrade file, then click start upgrade and follow the given instructions. Once the firmware is uploaded, you will be notified.
The Linksys E1200 Setup can be performed by various methods and you can perform the login process later on. Go through the troubleshooting guide if you face any errors. In case your doubts persist, get in touch with our technicians now and seek their help or refer to the website.