A VPN is a cybersecurity tool that keeps your network safe and secure. You can easily get a VPN on your desktop, laptop, or mobile. Just download or install the VPN app on all your wireless devices. Install the VPN setup on a Linksys WRT1900ACS router if you want to make sure that every device you use is protected. Also, VPN can help access the internet using your PS4, Smart TV, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV stick, or more. This article guides you on how to install VPN on Linksys router. Have a look at the instructions below:
Why should I setup a VPN on my Linksys router?
Normally, VPNs come with a limited number of simultaneous device connections. That means you can protect a limited number of your devices at the same time. But if you configure VPN setup on a Linksys WRT1900ACS, you can make it possible. Once you perform eh Linksys VPN setup, anything that connects to the router’s network gets the VPN protection. This is a great way to maintain the security and privacy of all your devices.
Step by Step Guide on how to install a VPN on Linksys Router
Linksys VPN setup includes two steps. The first step is to update the DD-WRT firmware of the Linksys device. The second step is to set up the VPN on the Linksys router. Here are the instructions to perform the VPN setup on a Linksys WRT1900ACS:
1. First of all, flash the router with the DD-WRT firmware.
2. Now, Launch a web browser and browse to the http://192.168.1.1. Click the ‘Local Access’ tab.
3. Enter the username and password of the Linksys router to access the router’s settings.
4. On the Linksys smart Wi-Fi tools navigation tools, click the OpenVPN server and enable it.
5. Now, click on the ‘Configure OpenVPN Settings’ and click ‘Edit’.
6. In the ‘Server Address’ field, select either IP Address x.x.x.x or Existing DNS name.
7. Click ‘Apply and Save’.
8. Now, go to the ‘Manage OpenVPN Users’ and click the ‘Edit’ button.
9. Next, click ‘+Add User’.
10. Now, you can create profiles for multiple users. Add users and enter username and password for each user. Click ‘Save’.
11. Next, click ‘OVPN Profile’ to download the profile under ‘Configure OpenVPN Settings’.
By following these steps, you have successfully configured the VPN on the Linksys WRT1900ACS router. Now, you can send the OVPN Profile along with the Username and Password to each user to whom you want to give access to your home network behind the router. Hope this article helped you. If you have any issue or query, call us now. You can contact us at our toll-free no. or do a live chat through a live chat window.