Linksys AC1000 is a dual-band smart Wi-Fi router that allows you to connect multiple devices to the same network. This Linksys router supports data rate up to 150 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz band and in 5.0 GHz it supports 867 Mbps. The device is specially designed to meet the load of multiple connected devices. After the completion of the Linksys ac1000 setup, you will notice the improvement in the speed and range of your Wi-Fi connection. If you are facing setup issues then you can go through the configuration steps in this blog. And, learn how to set up a Linksys AC1000 router.
Linksys AC1000 Router Login
Before you can jump into the Linksys ac1000 setup process there are some basic steps that you need to go through. You need to connect the devices with your Linksys network and after that, you need to log into your Linksys router using linksyssmartwifi.com.
- Take out all the components that came along with your router
- Now, use an Ethernet cable to connect the WAN port of the router and the modem.
- Take another Ethernet cable and use it to connect the LAN port of the Linksys router with your computer.
- Attach the power adapter to your Linksys router and supply power to it.
- On the device that is connected to your Linksys ac1000 network, you need to launch a web browser.
- Go to the web address linksyssmartwifi.com to access the Linksys router ac1000 login page.
- A login prompt will appear on your screen asking you to enter the Linksys ac1000 login details.
- After filling the login details, you need to click on the ‘Login’ option to access the Linksys ac1000 setup wizard in order to configure all the settings of your router.
How To Setup Linksys AC1000 Router?
You can go through the below-given steps carefully in order to avoid setup issues.
- Once you successfully log into your Linksys router, you can go to the ‘Wireless’ tab from the main menu. You need to click on the ‘Wireless network name’ to change the SSID of your Linksys router. The wireless network name (SSID) will appear on the wireless network list so that devices can easily identify your network.
- Next, you need to change the ‘Network passphrase’ of your Linksys router. To change the passphrase, you can enter the required password in the field. Click ‘Apply’ to save your new password.
- You can also enable ‘Mac filter’ option. Mac filtering will only allow those devices to be connected to your network whose Mac address is allowed.
- You can click on the ‘Save’ option to save all the changed settings of the router.
At the end of the Linksys ac1000 router setup process, you can create a Linksys smart wifi account that will allow you to manage the settings of the router.
How to Update Firmware on Linksys AC1000 Wifi Router?
Obviously, we always need a firmware that is upto date, yes completely latest. The delayed updates on the firmware of your Linksys router is one of the cause for a lot of errors – even the wrong update can cause tons of problems. So, always download the correct firmware – that is the latest update for your router model.
Download Link – https://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=142381
Steps to update the firmware
- Firstly, download the correct firmware for your device.
- Open the web browser of in your laptop/ computer.
- Now, you may enter the login credentials in case you have customized them, if not then enter the default Login credentials.
- The dashboard page of Linksys must be flashing in front of you.
- Then, go to the option called ‘Administration’
- Under administration there are couple of options, make sure to select the one called ‘Firmware Upgrade’
- The Browse button is there too – now you may browse the file of latest firmware that you downloaded on your operating device. Select it and upload it.
- Do not interfere in between and let the firmware upgraded.
- Now you may power cycle the router.
We hope this blog helped you with the Linksys ac1000 router initial setup, setup wizard configuration and firmware upgrade process. If you need more information on the configuration process of the Linksys ac1000 router, you can get in touch with our technical team for help. You can call our technical team on their toll-free number.